Mt. Makalu stands at a staggering elevation of 8463 m as the fifth-highest mountain in the world. It lies about 19 km southeast of Mount Everest (8848 m) in the Mahalangur Himalayas, on the border between Nepal and China, in a perfect pyramid shape with four sharp ridges. It's unique shape and isolated location make this expedition a trip into Nepal's unique but rewarding corner. After its first climb in 1955 by members of the French-led expedition, this challenging climb is shaking the hearts of those who wish to experience this firsthand. Jean Franco led the team, including himself, Lionel Terray, and Jean Couzy.
As we get closer to Makalu Base Camp (4700 m), we pass the humble villages, rocky terraces, streams, and forests and enter the beautiful Barun Valley. From there, the view of the unforgettable pearl white smiles of Mount Everest (8848 m), Mount Lhotse (8516 m), and Mount Baruntse (7220 m) awaits. Mount Makalu has a double peak- Kangchungtse/ Makalu II (7678 m) and Chomo Lonzo (7804 m)- equally attractive. This serene white beauty of the mountains and the diversity of flora and fauna also carries mesmerizing sunset on the shoulders of Mount Makalu. Snow View Trek takes excellent care to ensure our clients make the most out of their trip. We have an outstanding record of satisfied clients, so we confidently say that traveling through Snow View Trek will be your best decision. We are always ready to serve you well and serve you responsibly.
Why Snow View Trek for Makalu Expedition?
- Our entire team's safety is our priority, including our clients and supporting team. Everyone sticks together.
- We provide high-quality equipment and logistic support for a Full Board Service and Base Camp Service.
- We also provide highly qualified, experienced, professional, supportive climbing Sherpa guides, kitchen staff, and Base Camp Manager.
- We match your best interests with its best rate than any other travel company.
- Our group of experts provides various alternative routes to make the most of your trip.
- Group packages and group discounts further decrease your trip cost.
- Our services are highly efficient and suitable for first-time and experienced climbers.
- Sustainable tourism is at the heart of everything we provide.
- Customer satisfaction and the trip have a 96% high success rate here.
- Snow View Trek ensures excellent communication with the clients and the team, and we take responsibility for the mistakes on our part.