Mount Kanchenjunga (8586 m) is the third-highest mountain in the world after Mount Everest (8848 m) and Mount K2(8611 m). It is the second-highest mountain in Nepal that lies in the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area. The Kanchenjunga summit has 16 summits, including the five major peaks, all of which are above 7,000 m.
Mount Kanchenjunga lies both on the border of Nepal and India, where three of its peaks lie in Sikkim- Kanchenjunga I/Main (8586 m), Kanchenjunga Central (8482m) and Kanchenjunga South (8494m). Whereas, Kanchenjunga West/ Yalung Kang (8505m) and Kangbachen (7903 m) falls in Taplejung, Nepal. ‘Kanchenjunga’ comes from the Tibetan words ‘Kanchan’ and ‘Dzonga’ which means ‘The Five Treasures of the Great Snows’ since it has five significant peaks. These peaks represent the five deposits- gold, silver, gems, grain, and holy books of God.
Mount Kanchenjunga borders in the west by the Tamur River, the north is encompassed by Lhonak Chu and Jongsang La Pass (6145 m), and the Teesta River in Sikkim, India in the east. On 25th May 1955, Joe Brown and George Band from the 1955 British Kangchenjunga Expedition became the first climbers of Mount Kanchenjunga. But these climbers stopped five vertical feet below the summit to respect the sacredness of the summit. This mountain was considered the highest mountain in the world until 1852. Even though it is challenging, its final 1500 m climb is a straightforward way into the five peaks of the Kanchenjunga Summit and the lap of pure natural bliss.
Snow View Trek takes excellent care to ensure our clients make the most out of their trip. We have an outstanding record of satisfied clients, so we confidently say that traveling through Snow View Trek will be your best decision. We are always ready to serve you well and serve you responsibly.
Why Snow View Trek for Kanchenjunga Expedition?
- Our entire team's safety is our priority, including our clients and supporting team. Everyone sticks together.
- We provide high-quality equipment and logistic support for a Full Board Service and Base Camp Service.
- We also provide highly qualified, experienced, professional, supportive climbing Sherpa guides, kitchen staff, and Base Camp Manager.
- Helicopter rescue, with added charge if necessary.
- We match your best interests with its best rate than any other travel company.
- Our group of experts provides various alternative routes to make the most of our trip.
- Group packages and group discounts further decrease your trip cost.
- Our services are highly efficient and suitable for first-time and experienced climbers.
- Sustainable tourism is at the heart of everything we provide.
- Customer satisfaction and the trip have a 96% high success rate here.
- Snow View Trek ensures excellent communication with the clients and the team, and we take responsibility for the mistakes on our part.